Tenant Representation: Your Trusted Advocate in Real Estate Negotiations
When you’re negotiating a lease for your business’s office or commercial space, your landlord has an advantage. This is all they do—they negotiate leases with tenants like you every day. They’re experts who know the complicated and confusing ins and outs of commercial real estate, while you have plenty of other things on your plate with a business to run.
Unfavorable lease terms can cost your business tens of thousands of dollars a year, and you don’t have time as a business owner to negotiate every last detail. You need an expert on your side too.
At Mazirow Commercial, we represent tenants—not landlords. We’ve helped hundreds of businesses just like yours save time, money, and headaches and find the perfect commercial space. And we do it all on your terms.
Why Smart Business Owners Choose Mazirow Commercial
What would you do with tens of thousands of extra dollars you saved on your commercial lease? This is a question you’ll ask yourself after working with Mazirow Commercial. Your landlord negotiates leases 365 days a year to benefit themselves. We negotiate leases 365 days a year to benefit you, the tenant.
By understanding your needs, preparing your options, touring potential properties, negotiating with landlords, managing construction, and taking care of everything else in your lease, our advisors guide you through your lease’s lifecycle. Our job is to ensure you pay the lowest possible price in the market and retain your rights in your next lease.
Here are just a few more reasons our clients choose to work with us:
- Expert & Experienced Local Knowledge: The world of commercial real estate has a language all its own. Terms like “triple net lease” and “load factors” can be confusing, but it’s essential to understand what these things mean. Our advisors help you make sense of industry terminology and concepts, so you’re empowered throughout the leasing process. We’re seasoned players in the field of commercial real estate, which means we’ll keep your process moving smoothly and efficiently.
- No-Cost Service: Using a tenant rep won’t make your deal more expensive or impact your bottom line. That’s because you pay nothing for our tenant advisory services—the landlord covers the cost. You get expert help in securing commercial real estate at no additional cost. So, the real question is not should you use a tenant advisor, but why wouldn’t you use one?
- Insider Access: Our advisors have access to information about highly desirable office spaces for lease and sale that may never be advertised. Our advisors have their finger on the pulse when it comes to anticipated vacancies. We can help you discover properties you might never otherwise see.
- Information Advantage: We know tenants and landlords, as well as the landscape of commercial real estate. We know exactly how your landlord operates and can help you determine the best route to benefit you and your business. We’re fully aware of the strengths, weaknesses, and every opportunity your lease can afford.
- Smart Counsel: Mistakes are common, which makes working with an experienced firm that can spot mistakes before they happen key. Your landlord manages hundreds of thousands of square feet, hundreds of tenants like you, reams of paperwork. A small mistake can cost you tens of thousands of dollars or more during your lease. Our experienced team spots mistakes before they happen so you don’t get overcharged or fined. We have a cost-effective lease administration service that makes sure the lease terms you agreed to actually happen.
- Skilled Negotiators: Office space in Southern California is some of the most expensive commercial real estate in the country. You need a skilled negotiator working on your behalf to get you the best price and lease terms. We work for you—not the landlord. We’ll tell you what’s fair, what’s overpriced, and what’s a steal, and we’ll negotiate on your behalf.
How We Help You
Mazirow Commercial works with companies and organizations both large and small with everything from cost of occupancy analyses to purchasing negotiations. We provide a full range of commercial real estate advisory services to clients throughout Southern California, including Sherman Oaks, Encino, Tarzana, Woodland Hills, Calabasas, Agoura, Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Camarillo, Oxnard, Ventura, Northridge, Chatsworth, Van Nuys, Canoga Park, and Warner Center.
- Renewals and restructurings
- In-house expansions
- Contractions and consolidations
- Buyouts and terminations
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Feasibility studies
- Lease-to-own agreement
- Lease vs. purchase evaluations
- New building construction analysis
- Financial and lender options
Ways our Clients Have Saved Thousands of Dollars
Our clients rely on Mazirow Commercial to help them address a number of issues, including:
- Parking. We help you figure out the best options for your business and your brand. In fact, we recently saved one client $80,000 in parking costs over a lease term by noting that 100% of the employee population did not require parking all the time.
- Tenant Improvement Conversions. Our team assists you in maximizing funds allotted for tenant improvements, checking and balancing landlords’ recommendations. For unused Tenant Improvement allowance dollars, we negotiated the right for a Tenant to “convert” $375,000 of the Tenant Improvement allowance for other payables the Tenant was obligated to pay.
- Rental Rate Savings. We evaluate all your options and negotiate the terms that work best for your commercial venture. We saved one client $75,000 over a 5-year lease term by successfully negotiating a reduced Base Rental Rate by $0.25 per square foot.
- Construction Management Fees. Mazirow Commercial has a cost-effective construction management service to ensure you maximize your tenant improvement dollars. We saved a client $32,000 in Construction Management cost by negotiating the Tenant benefit of a lower Landlord construction management fee.
- HVAC After-Hours Cost. We calculate your operating costs and predictions early on so we’re fully prepared for negotiations. We recently saved a client $50,000 per year in after-hours HVAC costs.
- Personal Guarantee. Underwriting of a lease is a key metric in a lease. We recently negotiated a limited Personal Guarantee for underwriting of less than 7% of the total consideration of the lease term that extinguished in the third year of the lease term.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Ready to start saving time, money, and headaches on your commercial lease? Schedule a free consultation today with one of our skilled tenant representation specialists.