Landlords Will Never Tell You:
1. If your office building is facing foreclosure, your lease may be extinguished, unless you have negotiated a Subordination, Nondisturbance and Attornment (SNDA agreement).
2. You can negotiate a right to cancel your lease. For a minor cost, this flexibility can be provided.
3. You can negotiate the right to sublease a certain percentage of your space without Landlord’s participation.
4. Don’t pay for parking you do not need – negotiate the “Right but not the obligation” – you are guaranteed parking, but only pay for what you use.
5. Option Rent: at market, NOT: market or the last month’s rent if greater than market. (Always in small print on a lease.)
6. Limit guarantee to the cost of the transaction with a burn off over the term.
Don’t forget: what drives pricing
is competition. Call us today!!
Click here to read a published article in the San Fernando Valley Business Journal
sharing more items you need to know when sitting down with your Landlord.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Ready to start saving time, money, and headaches on your commercial lease? Schedule a free consultation today with one of our skilled tenant representation specialists.